CHICKEN POT PIE WITH EDAMAME
A great chicken pot pie recipe to try !
CHICKEN POT PIE INGREDIENTS
• 1 sheet (8½ oz) Frozen puff pastry (1/2 of 17.3 oz pkg.), thawed
• ½ cup All-purpose flour
• 2 tsp Poultry seasoning, ground
• 1½ tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Black pepper, ground
• 1 lb Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 TBL Butter or margarine
• ½ cup Shallots, finely diced
• 2 cloves Garlic*, minced
• 1½ cups Chicken broth
• 1 cup Soymilk, unsweetened
• 1 cup Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 cup Edamame (whole green soybeans), shelled and cooked
• 1 cup Carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
CHICKEN POT PIE INSTRUCTIONS
First of all preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out pastry into 9x9-inch square or round to match baking dish shape. Place on baking sheet and chill.
Next Stir flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in large bowl until blended. Add chicken and stir until coated.
And then melt butter or margarine in large skillet. Sauté shallots and garlic until translucent. Add chicken mixture (including left over flour). Sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Stir chicken broth and soymilk slowly into chicken mixture until blended. Add potatoes, edamame and carrots. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour into buttered 2½-quart baking dish. Place pastry over vegetable mixture. Bake at 375°F 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes six servings.
* May substitute ½ teaspoon garlic powder for the fresh garlic, if desired.
The chicken pot pie recipe is ready...nice one ! Enjoy the meal !