Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients:
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
• 2 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
• 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Chipotle Chile Pepper
• 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese blend, divided
• 1 package (8 to 8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Instructions :
First of all preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
And then add chicken and sauté 5-7 minutes or until done.
Add beans corn, tomato sauce, and seasonings to skillet.
Next is to bring to a boil over medium heat.
Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
And then pour into a 2 1/2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
Prepare corn muffin mix batter as directed on package. Spoon dollops of prepared corn muffin batter over chicken mixture.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown...and the chicken pot pie is ready to serve..enjoy it !